Sunday, March 17, 2013

Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier

Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes is Jonathan Auxier's first novel and it's a good one.  If you like fantasy books, as I'm sure you know I do, you'll like this one.  Honestly it took me a little while to get in to it.  I think I was grossed out by the beginning of the book, when it explains that Peter Nimble is blind, found as an infant floating on the sea with his eyeballs pecked out by a raven.  See what I mean, gross!  But there is a reason for everything in a book and in the end you'll understand the strange beginning.  This is an adventure story, Peter, a thief and orphan is sent on a quest to find someone who needs his help.   He must follow the clues left on a note that was placed in a bottle and sent adrift on the sea.  There is magic and mystery, danger and swashbuckling fight scenes, monsters and of course a maiden in distress.  Are you interested yet?

Reviewed by Mrs. Castro

1 comment:

  1. this book sounds really good! do you have this book in the library?
    cupcake_22

    ReplyDelete