Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl is about a young boy Charlie, whose family is very poor. Charlie walks by Willy Wonka's chocolate factory every day to get to school. Willy Wonka had a contest of five golden tickets hidden in his chocolate bars. Everyone wanted to win the lucky golden ticket, but only four people won. The winners who get a golden ticket will get a tour of Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory. There might even be a surprise in the chocolate factory. Did Charlie get lucky and win a golden ticket?  
I loved how the author made a book about a chocolate factory, and how the surroundings made the book more interesting to read. Personally I am a fan of chocolate, which made the book more relatable in my opinion. I also loved that the author made images of candy and chocolate in my mind. I love to read fiction books, especially one that's relatable for me.

Reviewed by: Dancer206


Do you like fiction books?  Do you know the author Roald Dahl?  If so, you’ll probably know the book called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. This book is about a boy named Charlie who lives with a poor family.  Charlie lives in a city with a chocolate factory owned by Mr. Wonka.  When Charlie was young, the factory closed.  The factory reopens, and Mr. Wonka gave out Golden Tickets.  Golden Tickets are used for admission for a factory tour.  Charlie was one of the people who got the ticket, and so does four other people.  Soon the people that had Golden Tickets were given a tour.  Four kids however did what they’re not supposed to do.  The kids were sent home, but in a miserable way.  The characters are Mr. Wonka, Charlie, and Grandpa Joe (he took Charlie to the factory). There is more, but you’ll have to read the actual book!  The book is exciting.  When I read it, Charlie is going inside the factory and I don’t know what will happen.  I have a text to world connection, and it is to never do things you shouldn’t be doing.  If we hadn’t, the world would just be peaceful.  I guarantee this book will make you excited and laugh.

Reviewed by theboredtimeseditor21

2 comments:

  1. Now I want to read the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory


    frog leg 752

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello i love this book. have you ever seen the movie.I have

    ReplyDelete