Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart

Ever since Mark was a little boy, he had planned to climb Mount Rainier with his grandfather. But one thing stood in the way. Mark was a very sick boy but was tired of being just the sick kid. He was determined to make his grandfather proud. Mark could do it with his dog, Beau, by his side. Climbing up is one thing, but climbing down is another. His whole life, Mark has overcome many things. Will this add to the list of accomplishments, or be the last thing he ever does? Read The Honest Truth to join Mark up the mountain and find out what his fate will be.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I appreciated the cliff-hangers and could never put it down. The Honest Truth  made me happy, sad and nervous all at the same time. The author paints a great picture in the reader's mind which makes you really get to know Mark, Beau, and the rest of the crew. I strongly recommend reading The Honest Truth. It’s a great book!

Reading this book reminded me of when I saw a story on the news about a 14 year old girl who trained for years to climb Mount Everest. Even though Mark didn’t train for years, both of them had a passion for adventure. The girl had Mount Everest on her bucket list for a long time and when she accomplished it, she felt that she made her dad proud.  When Mark was climbing Mount Rainier, he wanted to make his grandfather proud. The 14 year old girl and Mark have a lot in common in my opinion.

Reviewed By-Soccergirl16

The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart was not an easy book to read. I cried pretty much through the whole thing. Mark is a young boy who runs away from home. He takes his dog Beau with him. Beau is a loyal, smart dog and Mark is lucky he is at his side. Mark heads toward his goal Mount Rainier. He and Beau will travel by bus, train, and foot. He is often in danger and is terribly sick and hungry. There is a winter storm coming and his family and best friend Jessie are worried. You will be too. I certainly was.

Mrs. Castro

6 comments:

  1. I love this review! I connect because people have to follow their dreams. DO you connect to this book?

    christmas lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I connect with this book too because I love adventure just like Mark and I am always outdoors!

      Soccergirl16

      Delete
  2. I love your report!! I connect because of the people out there that make their dreams come true. What was your favorite part of the book?? :)

    #1landofstoriesfan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My favorite part had to be when Mark got to the mountain and realized that he was about to do what he had always wanted.

      Soccergirl16

      Delete
  3. I love this book review! I think that it is right to show who you really are, not just sit and wait for someone to say, " Ha ha ha! Look at her / him!Just sitting there looking ugly!"I wonder what will happen when Mark needs to go back down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you want to find out what happens, you should read the book. But I'll give you a hint, Mark always finds a way to do what he needs. To find out more, read The Honest Truth.
      Soccergirl16

      Delete