Thursday, December 20, 2018

Full Cicada Moon by Marilyn Hilton

   Full Cicada Moon by Marilyn Hilton is about a girl named Mimi who is half Japanese and half black. She starts middle school in the middle of the year. She meets a girl who is one of the only students who will do stuff with her. But almost everywhere she goes people have to ask her what she is. That is the question she asks herself, What am I?  After a while at school, she wants to take shop instead of home economics. Then she meets a boy that lives next door and he lets her use his grandpa’s tools. But when her friend and she stand up to her principal, they get suspended. When they finally return, their whole grade stands up to the principal. The principal tells them he will think about letting girls take shop. Will the students finally they get their way?

    I chose this book because I think this could happen to a lot of people. I think it is really sad if someone whom I know is getting bullied. If you moved and got bullied, and no one wanted to hangout with you, what would you do? 

Review by #DanceForLife13

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you asked questions in your review to start a conversation If i was in that situation it would be hard to grow threw, If I was getting bullied i would tell my parents or teacher, how would you deal with moving or being bullied
    by: Potato_Girl

    ReplyDelete