Monday, December 2, 2013

Roof Toppers by Katherine Rundell

The book I’m reviewing is Roof Toppers by Katherine Rundell.  The main characters in the story are Sophie and Charles.  They are looking for Sophie’s mom because Sophie was found in a shipwreck and she wants to know where her mother is.  Charles is her Guardian, throughout the storyhe is helping Sophie.  Also there is one last character, and it’s the Child Services Organization.  They are the big meanies.  They are trying to take Sophie away because she isn’t supposed to be raised like a “little boy”. They say this because she prefers jeans over skirts and they say a girl in Britain shouldn’t be raised like that.  While Sophie is being taken away from the Child Services Organization she is not giving up on finding her mother.  When I read that the Child Services Organization was going to take Sophie away from Charles, I started to cry because it reminds me of when my best friend moved to a different state.  This story plays with your emotions.  Also the story tells you to never give up.  I recommend this book to people who like adventure and Realistic Fiction.  I would also recommend it because it’s unique and the family has a strong bond.

Reviewed by Sillymonkey1121

No comments:

Post a Comment