Thursday, May 5, 2022

Ghost Dog Secrets by Peg Kehret

Ghost Dog Secrets is written by Peg Kehret. I specifically picked this book because the understanding and descriptions are great. This is personally one of my favorite books knowing that they are trying to save someone. Rusty and his friend, Andrew attempt to save a dog that wasn’t treated properly by its owner. There was a house in a neighborhood that Rusty stumbled across and saw a dog that looked very skinny and badly treated. Rusty took pictures of the dog for evidence to prove the dog was poorly treated. Although Andrew's little sister found out and told her parents….


I have quite a good connection with this book because my family and I actually rescued our dog. My dog was in need of help when my mom and dad found her at an abandoned place near where my grandpa works. They then decided to surprise us with the dog around four weeks later as a present after we got home from a friend’s birthday party.


Review by-R0sey

 

The story, Ghost Dog Secrets, by Peg Kehret is about Rusty and his friend, Andrew, saving an abused dog. Every day Rusty feeds a skinny dog chained up with no shelter or food. His friend, Andrew, soon helps. After several days of feeding this dog they decided to take it home but try to hide it from his mother.  Wendy, (Andrews' little sister) is following him around and figured out that they have a dog, and she told on them. There had been a ghost dog trying to get Rusty to follow him. Eventually, Rusty followed him and encountered Ra’s mean owner, who was making terrible threats.


This book reminds of something going on in real life, because dog abuse does happen in real life. This book is fiction, but I think some parts are very realistic.


Review by Layla


3 comments:

  1. This is a really good review ! I now want to read this book !! Is this in the Wyman library??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks interesting, i'll definitely try to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this!

    ReplyDelete