Friday, April 29, 2022

As Good as Dead by Holly Jackson

     As Good as Dead by Holly Jackson is about 18-year-old Pip, who is a local detective that is currently trying to solve a murder that occurred in her area. When she keeps getting anonymous

Emails that read “who will look for you when you’re the one who disappears?” Pip is very terrified. She is going to therapy, but it does not seem to help. Although Pip always gets emails like that from anonymous users since she has a True Crime podcast. Pip starts to find connections to her stalker and a local serial killer caught 6 years ago. She is frightened to find out that police may have the wrong guy behind bars. Police say that they are right and they did arrest the right man. Pip decides she either solves this case alone, or she will be the one who dies next…

     Pip has one sibling, Ravi. I also have one sibling! This book reminds me of a book I read called “Scared”. It is a mystery book just like this. My favorite kinds of books are definitely detective fiction and nonfiction mysteries. I think if you like mystery books, then this is definitely for you. This book is also a scary book. This is the last book in the series, and there are three books in the series. My favorite scene in the book is the ending scene when the stalker tries to kill Pip. This book had lots of cliffhangers and it made me feel very odd, as it had great writing and great descriptions of characters and settings!


Reviewed by: punctual potato

 


3 comments:

  1. I really like how you described this book and I might think about getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the review!! I have read the first book and im going on to the second one. I am also interested in murder, mystery, scary, and crime. Also Great descriptions!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is really a great book.

      Delete