Friday, April 29, 2022

Guts by Raina Telgemeier

Guts by Raina Telgemeier is about a girl named Raina. The book tells about Raina's life. It starts off when she gets sick, but her mother also is sick. Raina is a shy, nervous child. She has one younger brother and one younger sister. When Raina comes home after a school day she goes to the bathroom and appears to be sick but she's not. The next day Raina’s mother brings her to the doctor but she is very healthy. So what is wrong? 


Some of the things I liked in the book are how the author actually showed how people with anxiety and people who get panic attacks suffer, and how Raina's friends were supportive when she told them that she went to therapy.  This book reminds me of how people with panic attacks and anxiety actually suffer. 


Review by:  Material Girl



The book that I chose is Guts. The author of this amazing story is Raina Telgemeier. I chose this book because I loved its pictures and its story. It's a graphic novel, the best type of book in my opinion. I read this in third grade, but you can read it in fourth. It's for third and fourth graders. 


The story is about a girl in fifth-grade, called Raina. She is nervous about being an outcast. She has to go to a therapist, which makes her more nervous. Her bully makes fun of her every day and makes her think she is the only one going to therapy. Then she learns her friend is moving. Read the book to find out what happens!


Review by Kaitlyn


4 comments:

  1. I have already read this book! I think you have a very good summary of this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What is your favorite character?

      Delete
  2. I love this book too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I'm going to read it! :D

    ReplyDelete