Friday, April 29, 2022

Junie B. Jones Smells Something Fishy by Barbara Park is about Junie B. Jones when she gets stuck on Pet Day with no dogs allowed! But that’s the only kind of pet Junie B. has! Read the book to find out what crazy stuff Junie B. does to try and get a pet to school! Also, she tries to keep her grandma’s fish she had caught at a lake. When Junie B. tries to take the fish to school UH-OH! She luckily found a pet, a surprise in front of her eyes. This book is a mix of fiction and fantasy, and of course Junie B. is my favorite character because she adds a lot of humor and action to the story. My favorite event of the book is when Junie B. finds out there is Pet Day and her face starts to become angry, because she only had a dog. The genre is realistic fiction.


This book is absolutely amazing and super funny. Unlike other Junie B. Jones’ books, this is the only ideal book that features any animals. I would recommend this book because it always makes me break out in tears. When I read this book for the first time, it reminded me of when I was 5, my preschool also had a Pet Day, and I also did not have a pet just like Junie B. So, I had to make a yellow snake out of clay and brought some ants in a jar. I was pretty proud of myself that day. But, I laugh at the silly memory now. This book mostly reminds me of my childhood and my early first grade year. I absolutely LOVE these books SO much. When my mom tells me to read something else, I say,”I love these books, I'm going to read them.” My mom doesn’t mind, and lets me read them. I also love the few pictures, because they show the main events. These are a few reasons I would recommend this book.

 Reviewed by: Nature Lover


3 comments:

  1. Cool review!This looks like a hilarious book judging by the review and cover! I do have a question though.Is the genre fiction, fantasy, or realistic fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The genre is realistic fiction and thank you💜💜

    ReplyDelete